Friday 17 August 2012

College Hits Off!

So I'm in college!! Yeah!! Unbelievable right??! .. .
.. FYI... You're not the only one surprised..

But I kinda like it! :D Its barely been 2 weeks since college started though.. Lemme summarize everything...

Day One - I was told by the office authorities that the college would commence at 12:30pm and let off by 3 for this "Orientation Program" thingy. ... So I landed up in college at around 12:15 looking all puzzled and getting lost amongst a huge number of people.. .. Try Thirteen Thousand. Yes.... Thirteen Thousand!! 13K! Thats the amount of people in the college. In all fairness, the ground is occupied by 5 colleges so yeah naturally we've got a lot of people roaming around, bunking classes. Anyway, I go upto the Assembly hall where the "Orientation Program" was supposedly going to be held.. And its deserted. No chairs, lights - nothing. So I asked around for the Orientation Program and where it was being held... Turns out, it wasn't being held today.. And no soon date was fixed for it either.. And instead of that, I landed up, ON THE FIRST DAY OF COLLEGE. ...  .. The classes had begun today! At 7AM in the morning! While I was still comfortably curled up in my cozy bed, my classmates were attending Psychology.. So I walked upto the timetable board, and checked my watch .. "12:50" And then I look at the timetable and at 12:45 there's a Philosophy class. Room number 45. Till 1:30. I asked around for the room and in the process noticed the little ping pong game I became a part of. I'd go to one side of the college and ask, and they'd say its in the other side. I'd go to the other side, they'd say its on the opposite side's 2nd floor. I go to the opposite side's second floor, and they say its on the other side. Ping ponged for 20 full minutes until I got quite tired and went straight to the Principal's office - for the first time, at my own will. 
I stood in this long line he had there for 20 minutes *my Philosophy class gets over in 5 minutes* but I wait anyway... Finally, I managed to get into his cabin and explained that today was my first day and I was told to come at 12:30 by the office but now I can't even find my classes and I need some help in finding room number 45. Philosophy's class... . After hearing all I had to say and not uttering a word in the middle, he spoke up finally in a calm voice -
"I don't deal with the Arts students. You should try asking the principal present at the other side of the college"
                                                  .
                                                 ....
                                               ........
                                          .................
                                    ............................
                             ..........................................






But I don't have a choice either... I'd have to just go and see this very famous "other side of the college" to ask the Arts Principal.. .. .. So I walked... . Again. .. . From one corner to the other corner of the college.. But hey look on the bright side! I'm memorizing the college layout! So I managed to reach the Principal's office and there was a tiny note on a locked door.. "Principal will not be available for next 5 days .. .. ..


                                                  .
                                                 ....
                                               ........
                                          .................
                                    ............................
                             ..........................................

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU


So I said To Hell With This!!! I'll find the next class.. ... ... Here we go again @.@ walking back to the "opposite side of the college"  where the TimeTable is put up.. .. ..

I take another look at my watch..  .. .. 2:00 .. Okay.
I take a look at the timetable... .. 1:35 to 2:10 - Logic. Room - "AHG"
And this was the last class for me...!
Oh great. I wasn't gonna go through all the trouble asking the officials about the room and not being able to atleast attend one lecture the entire day, so I just caught up a random passerby behind me and I asked him for the Room AHG. He its right behind me. Assembly Hall.. AHG. "Assembly Hall Gallery" which meant there was a lil staircase leading upward in the assembly hall somewhere. So I thanked him and went to search for this mystery staircase.
..
AND I FOUND IT.



Praise The Lord!


And I walked up the stairs which such high expectations... Like a slight glow of white light was visible as I neared the top, .. like a rainbow effect was on the walls, like I could hear Chariots Of Fire playing as I walked up..




 And then I reached ....




 And I heard "Okay children! So I will see you again on Monday."




                                                  .
                                                 ....
                                               ........
                                          .................
                                    ............................
                             ..........................................
                      .......................................................
                .................................................................

           ..........................................................................



Kill Me Now




Well, that was the end of my day one in College. ..
Thank God I don't have to go through all that ever again...! Its the second week of college and I've made lots of new friends. I pick my friends wisely and I've got a good crowd..! Thing about our college I've noticed, - The Teachers Bunk More Than The Students!

Yeah! About 60% of the time, its the teachers who don't attend the classes for the lectures!
True Story.




Now lets talk about the flaws in our teachers. Chronologically, in order of the periods. First one's Psychology!

Psychology Teacher - Worst. Accent. Ever! xD She speaks broken English and instead of saying "Talk more and interact with me" she simply says - "Interact Me" .. .. which takes it to a whole different meaning.. 
Other than that, she also always stresses on the vowel "A" she'll pronounce it out like "AAEEEYY" Like for example, to give a split personality example she related to a movie. She asked us if we had seen the movie - "The Black Swaaaaaaaan" stress the AAEEEYYY.. sounds more like "The Black Swine". .. . .. . 
Oh ma'am! .. .. You're Racist. 


English Teacher - Oooh the irony - She walked in and introduced herself as - "Myself  Mrs. so and so". .. 

Myself.... Mrs... .. so and so ...

.. .. MYSELF.. .. Mrs...

MYSELF.


MYSELF





Geography Teacher - There's not much to say about her except she pronounces Zero as "Jherro" ...
".. And the Jherro degree latitude is the equator!"
She also stated - "Uranus is one of the big gas giants" and my God what a better time to take a pause to breathe while talking .. Urr.. ..<inhale> . . Anus. is one of the big gas giants.

French Teacher - She's this teacher obsessed with technology and either has a grudge against it or is just too into it. For anything if she wants us to remember, "You people must store everything in your brain's CPU. You know CPU na? Yes. Save. No Delete. Keep everything in CPU. Then print out in examination."
.. And she's also obsessed with the sentence - "Rome wasn't built in a day" . If anything requires time, she'll say - "oh this takes time. Rome wasn't built in a day and so you can't expect to learn this so quickly"
"Don't worry about the pronunciation. Rome wasn't built in a day. You'll get it gradually."
Wonder what happens when she's talking to someone whose constipated. .. .
"It'll eventually pass. Rome wasn't built in a day. .. .Give your bowels time."

Philosophy Teacher - Boooorrriinnngggg... We're studying Indian Philosophy which in my opinion, Sucks. I can't wait to get to the American Philosophy part.. Since we're studying Indian philosophy for now, I'm really not paying much attention and it gets uninteresting.. So I'm not really knowing this teacher's flaws. xD

Logic Teacher - This one's my favorite.! I enjoy the subject thanks to the teacher. She's perfect in pronunciation  and her way of teaching! If all teachers were like her, I'd love studying.! So I really don't have anything to say as a flaw for this teacher too! :P :D

Well here's the long awaited end to this blog! I know this wasn't so much as great as compared to my other blogs below this one but I just thought I'd vent out my thoughts about my initial week in College!

Here's a few pics I clicked from around the college -
Click the pics to enlarge..

Most Irresistible Offer


Principal will WHAT the students? xD
yeah, guess who erased the "AD" from first line's "address"? ;D
and IDK who did all the others. xD

As you can tell by the next few images, this is a really old college. And they've not renovated or painted or did anything at all since it was built! 


I have nothing to say. This just looks weird.
A plant growing through a cement ceiling.

NO WADIA COLLEGE? xD
The 'O' of the 'NO' is really tiny,.. but it's there!


Some random chalk drawings ..
BATMAN WAS HERE
SPIDERMAN
and METALLICAs Logo! xD



      







4 comments:

  1. i enjoyed every single minute of it ,IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! :D
    Keep writing. You do it well. (y)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog on the first day of college.............
    mba college in delhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So many emotions. My niece has told many interesting stuff about college, since she's a fresher too. As far as understood, she doesn't have time for anything. Thus, I guess here the next tips will be useful:
    Recipes & Ideas for On-Campus Cooking

    ReplyDelete

Write as little or as much as you'd like ...
(Well, up to 4,096 characters that is...)