Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Hazards of Making a Wrong Phone Call to Me...

Note: The following blog contains words in English that are typed out in a Hindi format.. In short, not many people out there may understand this... 



This happened a few weeks back...


I received a call on my phone from an unknown number one evening.. Not sure who it was, or it may be one of those automated messages advertising stuff, I let it ring till it got disconnected and enjoyed my AC\DC ringtone... A few seconds later, the same number called. Now I was pretty sure it wasn't one of those ad calls and was indeed a person calling..


"Hello?" I answered.


"Halloo!?" came the reply from the voice at the other end in a typical 'Marathi ishtyle', like she was trying to speak 'eengliss'

" 'Muze' Siddharth se baath kaarni thi "


Not knowing who the hell Siddharth was, I realized it was the wrong number dialed.

"Yeh galat number dial kiya hai aapne" I answered.


" Nahi mujhe Siddharth se baat kaaraao" ... ... came the reply.. ... .. O.o ..


I again repeated my sentence this time adding that I didn't know any 'Siddharth'


" Nahi mujhe Siddharth se baat kaaraao" ...


Now, slightly frustrated and amused that a person would still hang on, I decided to play around a little...


"HA! Siddharth! " I replied like I knew exactly what she was talking about. " Siddharth par guzar gaya na? "


" KYA!? " she shouted like she wanted to blow off the magnet out of my speaker. " KAB GUZAR GAYA?!!! "


"Yahi, kuch do-teen din pahile " I answered like I was the one who attended his funeral. "Waise aap unko kaise jante the? "




" Mei uski MA bol rahi hu "



..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .. ..  .... ... .. . . <!CLICK!> ..... ..... .... ... .. .... ..... .. .. .. .. .. ..









1 comment:

  1. Hilarious!!!! typical Indian wrong number situations.Please check the number you have dialed and try again!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Write as little or as much as you'd like ...
(Well, up to 4,096 characters that is...)